BMTA is a member-owned and driven not-for-profit organisation, serving our member’s collective and individual needs. Bringing together laboratories, test houses, equipment suppliers, certification and accreditation bodies, regulators, standards bodies and NMOs, we represent the interests of the measurement and testing industry in the United Kingdom, supporting member companies in their development through networking, knowledge sharing and training.
During the last 12 months, BMTA has proudly
- Represented the interests of members on the UKAS PAC and PAF;
- Supported the NCFE in the launch of the first specialist Metrology T Level;
- Promoted member interests to Government on the introduction of the UKCA mark;
- Provided input into Government thinking on Technical Barrier to Trade as relating to International Trade Agreements;
- Supported the work of the UK Mirror Group for CEN/CENELEC Industry Advisory Forum;
- Promoted the work of the UK TIC industry across regulatory, legislative and policy organisations to ensure the best possible outcome for member companies;
- Engaged with the HMRC Treasury and other related stakeholders on changes to Inward and Outward Processing rules and VAT on Temporary Imports as a result of BREXIT;
- Developed a partnership to provide member companies with discounted HR and Legal Support services as part of the information and resources relating to Covid-19;
- Provided members with access to numerous BSI Standard Making committees.
BMTA has also delivered online meetings and webinars and these are expected to continue in addition to welcoming the return of live events in 2022. In addition, we continue to grow both the range of contributors and the number of subscribers to our quarterly Newsletter
Tony Smith, BMTA Chairman said: “I would like to thank all those who give their time to support the various activities of BMTA as committee members, contributors to the newsletter and providers of knowledge and support to our member companies. As with all trade associations, the strength of the collective far outweighs the sum of the individual parts and, for your part in that collective support, we are grateful.”
If you are not already a member and would like to discover more about the benefits of BMTA membership, please contact email@example.com