Scroll Top

Using the UKCA marking if the UK leaves the EU without a deal

ukca mark

In a no-deal scenario you will still, in the majority of cases, be able to use the CE marking to demonstrate compliance with the legal requirements and to sell products on the UK market after 29 March 2019. However, in some cases you will need to apply the new UKCA marking to products being sold in the UK.

To check whether you will need to use the UKCA marking please read the guidance on trading goods regulated under the ‘New Approach’ if there’s no Brexit deal.

Please note that there is separate guidance for construction products, medical devices and rail interoperability.

You may also find it helpful to read the Government’s recently updated technical or guidance notices relating to goods regulations. These notices cover issues such as CE marking, conformity assessment, and the status of UK notified bodies in the event that we leave the EU without a deal.  These can be found at:

ukca mark