This is the first of our quarterly BMTA newsletters, aimed at providing a greater depth of information and richer insight into a specific area of interest.
This issue focuses on various features centred on standards at work, covering the genesis, purpose and application of standards within industry and their roles in the production, movement and the sale of goods and services.
Read the latest BMTA Newsletter
by clicking on the below:
Key features include:
- Feature One: What is a Standard, by Paul Greenwood, Divisional Director (Laboratories) at United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS)
- Feature Two: The Importance of Flow Measurement Standards and How to Get Involved, by Michael Reader-Harris, Principle Consultant at TÜV SÜD
- Feature Three: Challenges of Achieving Accreditation to ISO 6789-2:2017 and the Calibration of Hand Torque Tools, by Matthew Gypps, UK Technical Manager at Trescal
Hear about the latest courses released in the BMTA Training Directory ansd must-visit events coming up, such as:
- Uncertainty in measurements for the next-generation of high-frequency applications
- BSI Standards Conference & Awards - a focus on future trends and a global perspective
- MATHMET 2019 International Workshop - guiding the way in measurement science
NPL MMN Events 2019/20:
- Medical Innovation
- Additive Manufacturing in 2020
- Succession Planning & Skills
The next themes for our Winter 2019/20 and Spring 2020 editions are:
- Winter 2019/20 - product safety including the role of notified bodies
- Spring 2020 - the challenges and opportunities of digital technologies on the world of measurement and testing (AI, AR, VR etc)
To help us research and plan the most relevant and useful information for BMTA members we would like your help to identify and share relevant topics, research on new technologies, techniques, news, events and publications you think may be of interest to your fellow BMTA members. Equally, should your business produce any information that you would like to share, please submit this information at here.
This new quarterly format has replaced our previous monthly newsletter updates. Any event communication in the run-up to any new BMTA events and the monthly BSI Digest will still be sent out as normal. Please forward this newsletter on to any other members of your technical teams who may be interested in its contents. Please encourage your team and professional contacts to sign up to this newsletter. It would also mean that you don’t have to remember to forward it on.